The IC-OS Journal Club meets every month in a webinar format to discuss an article related to the most recent scientific developments in cardio-oncology.
April 2020 Journal Club Webinar
Cardiovascular Morbidity in a Randomized Trial Comparing GnRH Agonist and GnRH Antagonist among Patients with Advanced Prostate Cancer and Preexisting Cardiovascular Disease.
May 2020 ICOS Monthly Journal Club
Clonal Hematopoiesis and Risk of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease
June 2020 Journal Club Webinar
“Neoplasia and the heart: pathological review of effects with clinical and radiological correlation” Presenter: Kalyan R. Chitturi, DO Houston Methodist HospitalDownload Article Here
August 2020 ICOS Monthly Journal Club Webinar
“Efficacy of Dexrazoxane in Preventing Anthracycline Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer” Dr. Chrisopher Fine, Chief Fellow University of Louisville
September 2020 ICOS Monthly Journal Club Webinar
Presenter: Teresa López-Fernández, MDSenior Consultant Cardiologist at La Paz University Hospital (IdiPAz Research Institute,Madrid, Spain).<br><span>Article:</span> “Classification, prevalence, and outcomes of anticancer therapy-induced cardiotoxicity: the CARDIOTOX registry”Cardiotoxicity (CTox) is a major side effect of cancer therapies, but uniform diagnostic criteria to guide clinical and research practices are lacking….Read More
November 2020 ICOS Monthly Journal Club Webinar
Presenter: Dr. Talal Al-Otaibi, Cardiac Imaging Fellow Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center | Harvard Medical School
Article: Ibrutinib-Mediated Atrial Fibrillation Due to Inhibition of CSKRead More
Ask the Oncologist
- Does the presence of preexisting CVD affect your decision making for prostate cancer treatment?
- When do you involve a cardiologist or cardio-oncologist for CV risk assessment?
- What are your expectations as an oncologist when you request a CV evaluation?
- What do you need to know before starting treatment?
- How will the results of PRONOUNCE trial affect your clinical decision making for prostate cancer treatment?